Labels

art (5) beauty (2) crime (1) Dance (2) failure (1) Funny (1) Inspiration (2) Irony (1) life (10) love (2) Movies (1) Music (12) Photography (8) Science (1) society (1) Totoro (2) truth (1) War (1)

Monday, September 21, 2009

Little Victories

Throughout the past couple of weeks, I have grown more as a person than I have at any other period of my life.

Who am I?
I am shy and I am scared of the world. I realized that by embracing this fact, I am less apprehensive to put myself out there, such as speaking in class or telling someone about my life.
I was born to be independent. I am fine with being alone and I have missed out on a lot of friendships over the past couple of years. This year, for my birthday, it is the first birthday when I am single. Therefore, Becky and I are going to an amusement park, and honestly, I haven't been this excited for my birthday since before I turned 16.
Which leads me to another point, some people are worth your time and energy, and quite frankly, some are not. If you aren't happy, if you don't like the way things are, if someone really gets under your skin in a negative way, CHANGE IT! Be proactive, do something about your life. You should never have to put on a face or act a way that you don't want to just to pretend to be happy. You may have less "friends" but the friends that you will have are quality ones and you are destined to find more. Plus, you will be much much happier.
I skipped math class to watch the rain today. Remember when we used to sit in my dorm room and watch the rain. I don't miss that at all.
I am ready to make new memories.
I've learned that I now longer listen to sad songs and think of how sad I am, but I think about what is was like to be that sad.
I'm past all of the drama, finally. I have never been happier.
I'm just going to put all of this out there. The more I think about what we had, the more I realize how special it was, but how much of a fluke it really was. We both know that we aren't right for each other, why did we hang on so long.

On a happier note. I'm going to be a photographer and travel the world.

Recent music finds:
Dananananayroyd
Jack Penate
Of Montreal
The Helio Sequence
The Script

Don't knock it til you try it.

much love,
sami

p.s. sorry I kept you out so late. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment